🌸 April Edition: Let’s ❤️ our Community Back
Within our team at GoodAgent.org we strongly believe that the more we give, the happier we feel. When we are doing good for others and the community, we get the gift 🎁 of a natural sense of accomplishment and higher levels of self-confidence. Our role as a volunteer can not only enhance our sense of pride and identity but also reduce stress, help us find friends, increase our reach to the community, help us learn new skills, and so much more.
So we volunteer a lot, and now as part of our Vision for 2018, we want you to Volunteer with us, and this is why we will be publishing a monthly guide to Volunteering in the San Francisco East Bay Area.
If you have more questions, want us to add your cause on our list, have more recommendations, or would like to be featured with an interview by our Team, shoot us an email at [email protected] or call us directly at 925.280.8574.
We are here to serve!
Featured Organizations for the month of April:
Mission Statement: Protecting the Agricultural Preserve, Residents of Napa, Sustainable Land Use
This Initiative adopts policies and zoning requirements for the Agricultural Watershed zoning district. These changes would establish buffer zones along streams and wetlands via amendments to the Agricultural Watershed district zoning code. 🌳
How to help:
- Volunteer Spanish and Tagalog Translators Needed!
- Some of the projects include:
-Translating written materials such as letters, posters and flyers
-Generating subtitles for short documentary videos
Mission Statement: Serves low-income, at-risk youth ages 7-18 offering them recreational, educational, cultural and social activities that build positive character and help them transition from adolescence to adulthood.
Without a caring adult, mentor and role model, in their lives, these children are five times more likely to go to prison. ❤️
How to Help:
- In Richmond, RPAL provides both 1:1 and small group mentoring.
- Mentors participate in a an orientation to mentoring; are trained in facilitating mentees' development of a "Life Map" using curriculum designed by The Life Plan Institute and the California Mentor Foundation; and have monthly check-ins with the mentor coordinator.
- They meet with mentees for an hour each week, typically as part of structured activities such as coaching sports, fishing, dirt bike riding, community service events, and outings to sporting events and performances.
Mission Statement: Pet Pal Volunteers and their therapy pets provide support services to hospice patients and their families. 🐶
How to Help:
- These volunteers must be highly sensitive to a patient’s comfort with animals.
- Specialized training for volunteers.
- Pets must have therapy certification.
Mission Statement: To forever preserve the remaining 70,000 acres of natural lands around Mount Diablo through a conservation approach that integrates perpetual land preservation, advocacy, stewardship, land use planning, and education programs. 💚
Preserve. Defend. Restore. Enjoy.
How to Help:
- Become a Member
- Our volunteers are the lifeblood that keeps the organization moving. Bring your skills, talents, and work ethic to Save Mount Diablo to help our cause.
- Sponsor a Program
- Advocate for Us
Mission Statement: The East Bay SPCA is committed to the welfare of cats and dogs in the communities we serve. We strive to eliminate animal cruelty, neglect and overpopulation by providing programs and education that support people and companion animals. 🐶
How to Help:
- Assist with Events
- Community Resources
➡️ Keep Reading:
Our team is committed to donating 10% of our profits to Charity. If you have a Charity that you are passionate about, tell us about it!