6 Things To Do in the East Bay this August 🎉
As a member of the Walnut Creek Community, we know how important it is to support our small businesses, local events and charities.
In this week's blog, we want to share 6 things to do in the East Bay this August.
Hope you like it!
When: Saturday, August 26th 11am-7pm
Vegan Street Fair is coming to Oakland, baby! Free entry, all ages, 100+ vendors, DJs, & live entertainment! Hosted by John Lewis aka BadAssVegan. And check out all of the other cities we're hosting in 2023!
FREE ENTRY & ALL AGES!
Excited? We are!
Even though this event is free entry, we will still have our signature Premium Fast Passes up for grabs so check out the options below & be sure to get yours early as they WILL sell out!
- Free Entry
- All ages
- 20+ vegan & vegan friendly vendors from around the world
- Fast Passes available to expedite lines
- Hosted by John Lewis AKA Bad Ass Vegan
- So much more!
When: Saturday, August 19th 11am
Where: Greek Orthodox Church, 20104 Center St., Castro Valley
"Come experience the Ancient Greek concept of Philoxenia and the famous hospitality of the Greek culture as we open our arms, our hearts, and our kitchen to all.
"Can we get an OPA?! This popular annual cultural celebration on the grounds of the Resurrection Greek Orthodox Church in Castro Valley serves up authentic flavorful food, great music, dancing, and pure fun.
When: Starting August 27th
Where: USS Potomac, 540 Water Street, Oakland
Popular Bay Area R&B group Vybe Society brings a fantastic trio to perform onboard the USS Potomac to kick off the Potomac's 2023 Music on the Bay series of cruises. Vybe members have performed with major label and international artists such as Cee Lo Green, Sheila E, the Family Stone Experience and Tony Toni Tone, to name a few. While you are dancing to their tunes, you'll be cruising two-hours on San Francisco Bay on the historic USS Potomac, FDR's presidential yacht, taking in the sights, sounds, seeing birds, watercraft, sail boarders, sometimes seeing harbor seals and whales! Don't miss this great fun on the Bay
When: Sunday, August 20th
Where: City Center Bishop Ranch, 6000 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon
The family-friendly fest will feature goings-on all around the Center including:
- Family entertainment at the top and bottom of every hour in Alexander Square
- Complimentary children’s customizable LEGO glasses at Optical Illusions of San Ramon
- Free t-shirt Spin Art activity provided by TheyMade next to Optical Illusions
- Free Popcorn from THE LOT’s popcorn cart near Sandbox VR
- Permanent jewelry and ear piercing at Heller Jewelers by appointment
- Kristy Yamaguchi reading and book signing at 1pm
- NBC Bay Area’s StormRanger Mobile Radar unit and Meteorologist Rob Mayeda from 12-2pm near Philz Coffee
- San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District with a Fire Truck and Fire Fighters near Philz Coffee
- San Ramon Police Department handing out Junior Officer badges
- A live flower selfie station shaped like a butterfly
- And More!
When: Friday, August 25th
Where: Lions Wayside Park, 4401 First St, Pleasanton
Public Eye is a rock band (mostly) that has been playing music together for over 28 years. They are a high-energy group of performers specializing in great, dance-able music from the 60s through today.
When: Sunday, August 27th
Where: Rowell Ranch Rodeo Park, 9725 Dublin Canyon Road, Castro Valley
"We will have Alameda Search & Rescue, Alameda County Animal Control and other rescue or organizations and vendors.
"Bring your dog. ... Even if you don't own a dog, come to the free event."
- Free pup-a-chinos
- Dog look-alike contest
- Doggie pamper station
- Free dog nail trims