Emergency Reminders to Pass Along
With the recent Fires in Northern & Southern California, it’s an important time to remind your neighbors to revisit the following Emergency Items:
1. Create a Wildfire Action Plan that includes meeting locations & communication plans.
2. Have fire extinguishers on hand & train your household how to use them.
3. Ensure that your household knows where your gas, electric & water main shut-off controls are and how to use them.
4. Plan several different escape routes.
5. Designate an emergency meeting location outside of the fire hazard area.
6. Assemble a disaster supply kit. Go to Fema's website for information on how to assemble a kit.
7. Appoint an out-of-the-area friend or relative as a point of contact so that you can communicate with household members who have relocated.
8. Maintain a list of emergency contact numbers posted near your phone and in your disaster supply kit.
9. Keep an extra disaster supply kit in your car in the event you can not get to your home because of fire.
10. Have a portable radio or scanner so that you can stay updated on the fire.
11. Create a checklist of important items you need to take in case of evacuation.
12. Create a defensible space around your home (30 to 150 feet)
DO remember the Six “P’s” in case of immediate evacuation:
Please Pass along this Important Information. Keeping yourself armed with the right knowledge can make a huge difference.